23 NOVEMBER 2016
Cedar won a bumper crop of accolades at the CMA’s International Content Marketing Awards last night, bringing home an incredible nine trophies including the Grand Prix.
Cedar won four gold awards including two for the British Airways portfolio in best travel and best use of content on owned media channels, designer of the year for Henry Elphick for his work on British Airways First magazine and ipad app, and best membership for British Airways The Club.
On the Grand prix win for the British Airways portfolio, judges said, ‘Cedar has put in place owned channels that they are fully committed to, pulling together all the components to provide longevity and total brand consistency. Most impressively, they are behaving like a broadcaster, with a lot more success than many media companies.’
‘This is a genuinely insight-led, audience-focused, full-funnel content marketing strategy that smashed its objectives.’
Regarding the Tesco wins, judges praised the Christmas campaign for its ‘well thought-out content that’s produced very good results’ and content director Helen Johnston for ‘embracing a multi-channel approach that is really delivering Tesco’s brief of targeted, relevant content.’
This year the CMA had 450 entries from more than 100 different agencies across 21 countries, making them the most competitive content marketing awards in the world.
Cedar’s CEO Clare Broadbent said, ‘These are the biggest and best content awards in the industry and we couldn’t be more delighted. This has been a huge year for Cedar, and these awards are a brilliant testament to both the incredible team effort and the inspiring commercial content we’ve created for some of the best brands in the business.’
Cedar’s full awards list is as follows:
- British Airways portfolio
- Best content on owned media channels for the British Airways portfolio
- Designer of the year for Henry Elphick for First for British Airways
- Best membership for The Club for British Airways
- Best travel for the British Airways portfolio
- Best print for First for British Airways
- Best content on owned media channels for Tesco Christmas
- Editor of the year for Helen Johnston for Tesco
- Best monetised content for the BA Media portfolio